Are you aware that the Senior Cycle (Transition Year, 5th & 6th year) in secondary school is being reviewed and that the changes agreed following this review will affect your child currently in primary school when they reach the Senior Cycle?
- Are you concerned that children get too stressed by the current Senior Cycle and points system?
- What kind of Transition Year (TY), 5th & 6th year would your child like to experience?
- Do you believe the Senior Cycle should offer your child a flexible approach to their learning?
- Would you and your child like to have a say in how the Senior Cycle will look in the future?
National Parents Council Primary (NPC) is the representative organisation for parents of children in primary education. When NPC represents parents’ voices we want to make sure we do so having consulted parents and listened to what they have to say. The changes that will be proposed from this review will be in place when your child reaches senior cycle. Therefore it is important that we hear your views on these important changes.
NPC are holding consultation events around the Country and we would be delighted if you could join us and have the opportunity to tell us your thoughts.
For the first time at these events, we are inviting children in 5th and 6th class to join their parents if they would like to do so, to ensure their voices are heard.
Speakers on the day will include:
- Áine Lynch, NPC CEO, who will present the results of NPC parents’ and children’s surveys on the Senior Cycle
- Louise O'Reilly, Education Officer, National Council for Curriculum & Assessment (NCCA). The NCCA advises the Minister for Education and Skills on curriculum and assessment for early childhood education, primary and post-primary schools.
Join us to find out more and to ensure your voice is heard, click here to register
NPC staff are not eligible for Garda vetting, parents/guardians must accompany and supervise their children on the day
Both parents and children must register in advance (please note you do NOT have to be a parent of a child in 5th or 6th class, but any children attending with their parents must be in 5th or 6th class)
Location: The Woodford Dolmen Hotel, Kilkenny Rd, Mortarstown Upper, Carlow, R93 N207
Date: 30th November 2019
Time: 11am - 2.30pm (tea/coffee from 10.45am)